Collection and use of personal data
Personal data means any data, which can be directly or indirectly associated with you as an individual, that Metro Capital collects and processes for the performance of contracts concluded with individuals or contacting them, as well as to fulfil their obligations stemming from law.
Personal data can be collected in any of the following ways:
- when you provide us your contact information (incl. your name, personal ID code, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, the preferred method of communication) on our website or otherwise (e.g. in our office, at meetings or customer events);
- through cookies, when you visit our website;
- when you provide us your personal data to conclude a transaction.
Collection of other data
Use and storage of collected personal data
We may use the collected personal data to display customers news about our products, campaigns and upcoming events. Customers who do not wish to be in our newsletter mailing list or receive direct marketing messages, may remove themselves from the mailing lists at any time.
We may also use collected personal data to fulfil commitments that we may have assumed towards customers.
To ensure better customer service we may disclose information about individual users to a third party who provides services to us and has assumed contractual obligations to keep any shared information confidential. A third party may be, for instance, our partner whom we have engaged to produce, design or translate the content of the website.
We retain clients’ personal data for as long as this is necessary for the purposes they were collected. The storage period depends on the need to respond to customers’ enquiries. We retain data, that we are obliged to retain pursuant to law (e.g. accounting data), in accordance with the requirements prescribed by law.
Personal data security
We take all precautions (incl. administrative, technical, and physical measures) to protect customers’ personal data. Only authorised persons are provided access to alteration and processing of personal data.
Customers have the right to request termination of the processing of their data, information about the way their data are used, and transmission of the data in a commonly used format either to themselves or to a third party. In order to avoid misuse of customer data and rights, requests may only be submitted in a format that makes it possible to identify the person submitting the request (signed digitally or personally at the company’s office). We have the right to respond to such requests within 30 days.
Any personal data, that you provide while visiting our website or entering into contracts with us, are considered confidential information.
You may always contact the Data Protection Inspectorate or a court to seek protection to your personal data. The Data Protection Inspectorate is a national authority that may also be contacted for advice or assistance related to protection of personal data.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your device when you visit the website.
- to collect data about usage habits, and statistical data;
- to provide better customer service (online chat);
- to remember user preferences and settings;
- to communicate offers and marketing messages that are better suited for users’ needs;
- to collect information required to improve our website;
- to make sharing the content published on our website in social media easier;
- to provide content (Facebook, Google).
What type of cookies do we use?
Session cookies or temporary cookies are used every time when you visit our website, and they are deleted when you shut down your web browser. Temporary cookies are used, for instance, to remember the selected language of the website or your content preferences.
Permanent cookies stay in the user’s device after you have closed the website. Permanent cookies have different periods of expiry, and some of them are stored in the user’s device for days, months or even years. Permanent cookies are used, for instance, to remember user preferences.
Third party cookies:
The list of third-party cookies:
- You can learn more about the terms of cookies applied by Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- You can learn more about the terms of cookies applied by Google here: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
Users can delete cookies stored in their equipment, and can prevent storing cookies in their devices. To do this the user needs to change the privacy settings of their web browser. More detailed information is available in the instructions section of the browser.
NB! If you block cookies, we cannot guarantee proper functioning of the website.
You can find more information about cookies on websites: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ee/.